Job Search FAQs
- How do I search for jobs on JobPortal?
There are three main search criteria that you can define in your job search:
- Keywords: Enter a keyword related to the jobs you are looking for. For example, if you search for an accounting job in the Finance industry, enter "finance accounting" as your keywords.
- Location: Enter a State or a capital city to the second textbox. Leave this box blanks and jobs in all states will be returned.
- Job Category: Select a job classification in your profession from the dropdown list.
- Where can I submit my resume or job application?
JobPortal just assists you in redirecting you to the site where the job is posted. Application instructions should be available on the website where the job is posted. JobPortal does not take your resume or job applications as we are not involved in the actual application or hiring process for jobs in our search results.
- How do you rank the search results?
Jobs are ranked by relevance or date. You can sort the results by Relevance or Date at the top of the "Job Results" page.
- How do I hide job from a publisher?
To filter out jobs posted by a jobboard or a company, simply click on the link "hide website name" on the search result list. For example, if you want to filter out jobs from MyCareer, click on the link "hide mycareer".
- How do I save my interested jobs?
For each job result, click on the "save" link to save your interested jobs in your basket. All your saved jobs can be viewed by clicking on the "My Basket" link on the top of the search results. You can email your saved jobs to your email by clicking on the "Email Me" link.
- How do I do a search on the company that a job's for?
For each job result in the classic view, click on the "more options" link and select "Google", "Bing", or "Yahoo" to do research about the company using the corresponding search engine.